Collection of Information
Information You Provide Us
We collect information when you create an account, download the app, interact with the Services, interact via chat, request customer service, fill out forms, communicate with us via a third party, respond to surveys, interact with us via social media sites, use the Services or otherwise communicate with us. Information collected may include your name, email, postal address, phone number, payment info, pictures, videos, pet information (such as name, breed, and age), pet medical history, and any other information you choose to provide.
We collect information the following types of information from you:
- Customer records information, such as first and last name, pet name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and pet medical information;
- Billing information, such as credit card number, security code, expiration date, and billing address;
- Unique identifiers, such as a username and password chosen by you, account number, IP address, and other identifiers assigned to you by us or a third-party that you have authorized by establishing an account or other relationship;
- Preferences and commercial information, such as action history, marketing preferences, information requested or rejected, Services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other selections made by you;
- Audio, electronic, or video information, such as pictures or videos of your pets which may contain members of your household;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our website, application, or an advertisement
- Demographic information, such as age, gender, interests, and zip code; and/or
- Location information, such as GPS locations, IP address, street address, city, state, and/or phone number.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from third parties, including data brokers, social media sites, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. By way of the services offered, we may collect information about you and your pet(s) from veterinarians and clinics and other like third parties. This information may include account history, pet medical information, contact data, appointment history, payment history, purchase history and any other information you may have provided to your veterinarian/clinic.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, application version, access times, pages viewed, time spent on pages, clicks, website technical errors, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies, pixels and local storage, implemented either by us or a third party. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count site visits. Pixels are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and ad campaign effectiveness. Local shared objects are stored on your device and used to provide video or animation, or collect information for analytics. You may be able to disable cookies in your browser settings or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being used. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Services. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. For more information about cookies and trackers and how to disable them, please visit “Your Choices” below.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Televet and others, and provide Information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent security incidents, malicious deceptive or fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Televet and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair site functionality;
- Comply with the law and our legal obligations; and
- Carry-out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How We Share Information
- We may share information about you and your pet with veterinarians or other service providers who need access to such information to provide the Services;
- We may also share information from forms you have filled out and from other submissions with our business partners, who may use those submissions for analysis and marketing purposes or for an eCommerce marketplace:
- We may disclose information if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so to comply with the law or legal process, such as in response to subpoenas, courts orders, or requests by government authorities, law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- We may share information between and among Televet and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control or ownership;
- We may share your information when we otherwise have your permission.
We are committed to data security and safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We use reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
Electronic Payment & Credit Card Transactions
The Services may employ the use of third-party services (e.g. Stripe, Braintree) for the purpose of facilitating payment for use of the Services. By submitting your payment information, you grant us the right to provide the information to these third parties.
Information Use and Account Cancellation
If you wish to deactivate your account or request that we no longer use your information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Promotional Communications by Email or Text Message
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us as noted below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
To opt out of receiving promotional text messages from Otto at any time, reply with the word “STOP.” A confirmation message of your opt out will be sent to your mobile number.
Cookies and Trackers
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies, although some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, but that may affect your ability to view images in other email that you receive. Please see the Adobe website for comprehensive information on how to delete or disable local shared objects known as Flash cookies. Also, the Services may use Google Analytics. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit https://www.google.com/settings/ads
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device or to your desktop via your browser. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings within your browser and/or on your mobile device.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Televet does not allow use of our Services and websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take steps to delete such information.
California Privacy Rights
To the extent the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) applies, California residents may have additional rights with respect to our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
- Categories of Personal Information Collected: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers; internet or other electronic network activity information; and other information that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect, please see “Collection of Information” above.
- Business or Commercial Purposes for Collecting and Using Data: For each category of personal information we collect, we may use the personal information for the business and commercial purposes listed in “How We Use Information” above.
- Categories of Sources of Personal Data: Each category of personal information we collect is collected from you and the sources described in “Information We Collect from Other Sources” above.
- Categories of Personal Data Disclosed: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers; and internet and electronic network activity information.
- Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Data: We may share each category of personal information that we collect with the third parties listed in ‘How We Share Information’ above.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
We describe how California consumers can exercise their rights under the CCPA below.
- Right to Know: You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of the personal information we have collected about you, the sources of such collection, the categories of personal information we share for a business or commercial purpose, and the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information. Any such disclosure shall cover the 12-month period preceding a verifiable request (see below).
- Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected from or about you. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. If you request to delete your personal information, some of our Services may no longer be available to you.
- Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about Personal Information we “sell,” which for the purposes of the CCPA, broadly means scenarios in which we have shared personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration, and to give you the ability to opt out of such sales.
- Right to Be Free from Discrimination: You have the right to be free from discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Note that in order to opt out of cookie and other device identifier sharing, you will need to exercise this choice on every browser or device you use to access our Services, and you will need to renew your choice if you clear your cookies.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your consumer rights under CCPA. We will not deny you goods or services, provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services, nor suggest that you may receive a different level or quality of goods or services.
Submit A CCPA Request
To the extent CCPA applies, California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at email@example.com. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including email address. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
If you have more than one email address on record with us, you will have to initiate a separate request for each email.
California Shine the Light Law
California’s Shine the Light law permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. To make such a request, or to opt out of this sharing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Do Not Sell My Info”.
Of course, we do not want you to leave, so if you have any questions, concerns, or recommendations, feel free to email email@example.com. We will do our best to address them in a timely manner. Privacy in an interconnected world is a new and changing landscape; if we all work together, we can find that measured balance.
2400 E Cesar Chavez
Austin TX 78702